Friday, December 19, 2008

It's the Little Things....

...that make me feel special. Lately, I have been feeling a little down, not depressed, just down. I realized that it's the small things that make me smile and keep me going.

1. Like sending a package or a letter half way around the world just to make someone's day.

2. Buying Christmas gifts for people I love.

3. Getting a text message in the middle of the night letting me know that I have a new email waiting for me.

4. Having my students tell me I look good in "my" designer jeans.

5. Wearing winter sweaters on a cold day in Los Angeles. No, really, it's freakin' cold here these days.

6. Getting Christmas gifts from my students because no matter how tough I am on them, they still like me, they really like me.

7. And lastly, knowing that no matter how alone I feel at times, there is someone on the other side of the world that cares about me who I look forward to talking to every chance I get.

No comments: