I stopped in at Starbucks here in the Marina on my way to work yesterday morning. I ordered a medium sized coffee with room for milk and sugar. I guess I was supposed to order something with a lot of extra words like low fat, double pump, half caf, or foamy because she asked if I wanted plain coffee. My response was "yes, plain coffee."
Then, as I was proceeding to the counter to add my cream and sugar, this guy was just standing there against the middle of the counter taking his sweet time adding the cream and sugar to his coffee. Only when he was finished, he continued to stand there stirring his coffee as if he was the only person in the entire place and no one was waiting to use the counter. -Can you say Oblivious?
On my way to work there is a section of road where the speed limit is 35mph in the residential zone and then changes to 55mph by the airport. Just as I was about to accelerate to just above the posted limit, a car decides to switch into my lane (without using a signal, mind you) and creep along at the previously posted 35mph. Keep in mind that he was not passing anyone, he just liked my lane better than his lane. - Can you say Oblivious?
I feel like sometimes the people of LA LA Land think that the world revolves around them and they have no common courtesy for anyone else. These were just examples from yesterday. This type of oblivion happens all the time in this little corner of the world.
Someone needs to tell these people that the world actually revolves around me and they need to GET OUT OF MY WAY!!!! - just kidding, but wouldn't that be great for me if it were true?!?
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
4 comments:
The world may not revolve around Tina, but there is a country that speaks the words of Tina everyday. Do you know where that is?
Oh, do tell O' wise one!! I need to be a part of that country everyday!!!
Tina is a Sambalic language spoken by approximately 70,000 Sambal, primarily in the ZambaleƱo municipalities of Santa Cruz, Candelaria, Masinloc, and Iba in the Philippines
Think I could sign up for a class in Tina at UCLA?!? That would be awesome!!!
Post a Comment